So… if you have been to my blog of late you will have noticed the lack of updates for a while, well since Sept 2016 to be precise!
Life has got hectic, and I have really struggled to get the free mind space and physical time to keep the blog updated. I have been regularly updating my This Happ-y Mumma Facebook page and Instagram account, mainly due to being able to do quick ‘on the fly’ updates, rather than having to sit down at my laptop and get blogging!
Over the past 8 month my time has been split between renovating our kitchen, studying for my real estate licence, family visits, interstate trips, and just the usual day to day of life with a now 5 year old!
Miss J is into term 2 of her 4yo Kinder/Preschool, and is absolutely loving it, we have had a couple of minor skin reactions but nothing serious, and they were resolved with antihistamine and application of 0.5% steroid creams.
We have had quite a few wins, with successful trips to a Wildlife Park, Melbourne Zoo, birthday parties, local fairs, dance concerts, cafes and restaurants.
To go through everything would take more time than I have currently, but I will link below to updates from the Facebook page that might be of interest!
So here’s the catch up for my blog!
- Treats for a dinner out at our “allergy friendly” restaurant
- Allergy friendly makeup for upcoming dance concert – post 1 & post 2
- First ever dance concert! post 1, post 2
- Preparing for Christmas – trialling new recipes! – christmas pudding, chocolate candy cane bark, shortbread, Xmas hedgehog
- Christmas trip wrap-up
- The birthday parties begin! post 1
- Starting 4yo Kinder – post 2, post 3
- Another successful dinner out with Miss J’s favourite chef!
- New foods – dumplings, banana chia oat chocolate chip cookies, dairy free bocconcini, potato curly stick/tornado, dairy free mac and cheese, fish and chips for Good Friday
- The exciting adventures of a friend with food allergies
- Miss J turns 5!!!!! Unicorn cake involved!
So I think this catch up has covered most of what has been happening in our world, I hope you are all well and enjoying 2018, and that you and your family have been incident free, I am hoping to get back to blogging in the very near future!
Till next time,
Mel – ThisHapp-yMumma